Saturday, March 8, 2008

An Amazing Phone Conversation

Ok, ok. So it was not really a life-altering kind of amazing conversation. Rather, it was a phone conversation I had with the clunks - Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez. They're one of the two Philippine teams that participated in the second season of the Amazing Race Asia. So I felt I needed to somehow use the word amazing. ;)

Thanks a bunch to Lyza (I owe you one!) for calling, and to Summers for just passing on the phone to Marc without any warning! Hehe.

It was fun talking to them! I was expecting just a brief, hi-hello-bye kind of conversation. Afterall, what do you talk about with someone you've never met? But they were really friendly and accomodating that I ended up talking to them for a few minutes. I'm not very good at small talk, but felt at ease talking to them immediately (especially with Rovilson who was quick to crack jokes) -- I guess as hosts, they're used to engaging people into polite conversation. =)

It was a kilig moment for me... showbiz na ko! Hahahaha! =P

(Edited 14 March 2008 to include some excerpts and pic)

I don't really remember much of my conversation with Marc. A lot were just small talk, but the way we started our conversation was a bit embarrassing for me.

Marc: Hi! Who's this?
Me: This is Ivy. Who's this? (Hahaha, I wasn't really expecting Summers to pass the phone on to Marc... was actually thinking she was going to ask someone there to pretend to be Marc and talk to me.)
Marc: Umm, this is Marc. (Summers said Marc had a confused look on his face while he said this. He's probably wondering why I'm asking who he is when Summers told him someone wants to talk to him!)
Me: Oh, she really passed the phone on to you. I thought she was just pulling my leg when she said that. (O ha, bawi ako kunyari!)
Marc: Yup, she really did!
...
After a couple of minutes, we said bye and then this exchange:

Marc: Do you also want to talk to Bad Boy?
Me: Bad Boy? Is that Rovilson's nickname?
Marc: (Laughs) It is now!
...
Now my conversation with Rovilson, I remember a bit more clearly:

Me: Are you eating? (He seemed like he was chewing on something so I had to ask. Hehe)
Rov: Yes, we're having dinner. So come on over and join us!
Me: Sure, just send me a plane ticket and I'll be there!
Rov: (Laughs) Umm, why don't I just order food for you and send it over, how about that?
Me: Ok, that works too!
...
Me: You should join the Amazing Race US version.
Rov: I know, I want to.
Me: You're eligible, right?
Rov: Yes, yes I am. But Marc isn't so we have to figure out a way to do that. I know, why don't you marry Marc so he can apply for a US citizenship and then we can race?
Me: SURE! (err, little lie here... that's not exactly what I said to Rovilson. I said something quite embarrasing which I'm taking to the grave with me! =P)
...

4 comments:

SooZeeWooZee said...

inggit! - suzette

Ivy said...

Suzy, =) (Hehe, smile lang daw ang nasagot ko!)

Unknown said...

Yiihii! Kilig! But now I'm curious about what you said to Rovilson! =)

Ivy said...

Hhahaha, sige remind me to tell you next time we chat.