Monday, March 3, 2008

Chocolate By the Bald Man

I've been meaning to go to Max Brenner for a while now (afterall, it's all about chocolate -- who wouldn't want to go to a place like that? =P). So when Wena suggested that place for a Saturday brunch, I readily agreed! =)

As soon as you enter the café, you'd be hit with the aroma of chocolate. And the entire room had a wannabe-Willy-Wonka-Chocolate-Factory feel to it. We were lucky that when we got there we were given a table immediately, as a few minutes later the crowd came pouring in and we saw a long line of people waiting to be seated.

Max Brenner aims to be a dessert place. So I didn't really have high expectations about the entrées. But we were all pleasantly surprised with our food. I had the Chicken Paella and it was Y-U-M-M-Y! It had generous portions of sausages in it too. But uh-oh, it was only after I got home did I realize I've just eaten pork... oops, there goes my no-red-meat-for-Lent resolution!

It was a little difficult to order dessert as there were a lot of interesting choices. We decided on the Tutti-Frutti Waffles and Max's Three Layer Chocolate Concoction with Toffee Bananas (whew, that's a mouthful!). I wanted to try one of the crepes too, but we had too much food already. But no regrets, the desserts we ordered were both really good! Our tummies were definitely happy! =)

The service is not the fastest, but the staff were very friendly. But then again, with Baby Sam among us, it would be hard for anyone to stop by our table and not smile when they see my cutie inaanak! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So why is it "Chocolate by the Bald Man"? Who's the bald man - Max Brenner? =)

Ivy said...

That's actually the complete name of the place, "Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man". Technically there's no Max Brenner. There are two owners kasi, one named Max something, the other something Brenner (hehe). So pinagsama nila name nila.