Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shrimply Delicious!

I must say I've been eating a lot of seafood lately. Mainly because I said I'm going to give up red meat for Lent. So that leaves seafood, veggies and chicken. I'm not a big fan of the latter two, so seafood it is! =)

Here's a simple shrimp dish. In restaurants, it's more often than not listed as 'Grand Marnier Shrimp'. But it's also commonly known as 'Walnut Shrimp'. I didn't have walnuts, so I substituted pecans. I didn't eat the pecans though, I just added them for the picture! Hahaha!

GRAND MARNIER SHRIMP

Ingredients:
1 dozen medium-sized shrimps, shelled and deveined
2 large eggs (egg white only)
4 Tbsps corn starch
3 Tbsps mayonnaise
2 Tbsps honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp condensed milk
canola oil, for deep frying
pecans, for garnish

Heat oil in a small sauce pan.

In a bowl, mix together the egg white and corn starch. Dip the shrimp in the batter. Make sure you coat each shrimp well. Once oil is hot enough, put the shrimp in the pan one piece at a time. Make sure you don't overcrowd them. Fry until golden brown in color. Put in a plate lined with paper towel to seep out the excess oil.

In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice and condensed milk. Dip each shrimp in this mixture to lightly coat them. (As an alternative for those who are tamad like me, dump all the shrimps in the bowl, cover it then shake until the shrimps are well-coated with the mixture.)

Put the shrimps back on the plate and garnish with pecans.

Best eaten when hot para crunchy pa! ;)

4 comments:

SooZeeWooZee said...

sounds/ looks yummy. masubukan nga . . . - suzette

Ivy said...

hey suzy! have you had the chance to try it na? when's your next trip here? =)

SooZeeWooZee said...

hindi pa eh. got loads of food in the freezer so tinatamad pa ko magluto ng bago. :) don't know when my next trip there will be. i hope this year meron.

Unknown said...

I will definitely give this a try. Maybe on Friday, since day of abstinence. :) Thanks for sharing!