Thursday, February 21, 2008

Craving for Mangoes

If I have to choose what food from the Philippines I miss most, I would have to say it's mangoes! The big, ripe, yellow, juicy ones! Yum-yum! Sadly, none of the mangoes available here can compare. I pretty much tried all the imported mangoes they have here but they all suffer in comparison -- not as sweet, not as juicy and too fibrous.

Thinking of mangoes also makes me think of the mango shake in Boracay. Can't get enough of those! Every time I go to Boracay, drinking mango shake with every meal is a must! ;)

Seeing as I'm in a mango state of mind, I decided to bake mango mousse for dessert. Besides, I have been meaning to play around with the mini-cheesecake pan I purchased and I knew this would be a perfect cake to bake in it. And I was right, it produced several perfect single-servings of the mango mousse! And to top off my mango mousse dessert, I even had mango juice tonight. Overkill, I know. But at least it satisfied my craving for mangoes... for now. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ives, which mangoes did you use for this dessert? Masarap ba? =)

Ivy said...

Chel, I just used the Mango Puree (I think brand was 3D from the Philippines) I bought from the Asian store. It was still yummy, but it would have been better if I was able to put some mango bits in there. Oh well. =)