Monday, February 25, 2008

Weird Friday

Friday after work, I stopped by the library to return some DVDs. So going home, I took the V-train from the Bryant Park stop instead of my usual Lexington Ave station. As usual, the train was crowded as it was rush hour. But I was lucky enough to grab a seat. I immediately fell asleep. Twenty minutes later, I woke up to find the subway car empty except for a couple of people and me. I got disoriented as I've never seen the V train that empty before I get off my stop. The doors were already closing when I saw the station we were in -- 2nd Ave. The train I was on went downtown (I was supposed to go uptown)! So I was second guessing myself. I was pretty sure I waited on the right track and got on the right train. So what happened?!?!

Anyways, since I was going the wrong direction, I immediately got off the next stop to transfer to the uptown train. That's where I got even more confused because I saw that I was already on the uptown track! I checked the map and true enough, the train I just got off from was actually going uptown. What the heck was going on?!?! I was almost tempted to ask people what day it was to make sure I was still living in the present! :P

Still not sure what happened. My guess was the uptown train somehow changed course and went downtown instead. But then, since by the time I woke up it was travelling uptown again, does that mean it changed its route again? Shesh, all that happened in 20 minutes?!?! And I slept through it all?!?! It felt as though I entered bizarro world. Ah ewan! =)

On a more normal note, it snowed Friday morning. Too bad it started raining by the middle of the day so we didn't get the expected 4 feet of snow. There was still enough snow on the ground for us to go to a park during our lunch break and have some fun though. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't there a saying, "...ang mahimbing matulog, malayo ang nararating..." or something like that? ;P

Ivy said...

i don't know... not familiar with it. pero kung meron nga, eh di tumpak! layo talaga ng narating ko ng araw na yun! =P

Unknown said...

So what's the ending to your story? How did you get to the library?

Ivy said...

chel, i was coming from the library. i was on my way home. i still got home, only 30 minutes later than it normally takes me. weird noh? =)